“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” Albert Einstein
Katie joined OST in July 2015. She began working in the IT staffing industry as a recruiter upon graduation from UCSB in 2013.
Katie is a born and raised Southern Californian who just moved back to her hometown after two years in San Francisco. A voracious reader, she can always be found with her nose in the next greatest work of non-fiction or dystopian sci-fi novel. In her spare time, Katie can be found planning her next weekend getaway, DIY-ing home décor inspired from Pinterest, watching the latest social/political documentary on Netflix, discovering her new favorite neighborhood restaurant, running to a yoga class, or indulging in brunch with friends.
- What is your favorite color? Blue
- What is your favorite food? Cheese!
- What is a quick piece of advice you’d like to give to yourself at 18? Enjoy every day and don’t stress out! You will never get these days back and everything is unfolding as it should.
- What was the best prank you ever played? In college, my girlfriends and I decided to hide raw fish around our guy friends’ house. It took about a week for them to find out where the smell was coming from.
- What is your favorite word and why? Shenanigans – because it is so fun and makes me smile
- Have you ever been stung by a bee? Yes, and I have an irrational fear of bees.
- Is the glass half full, or half empty? Maybe it’s just twice as large as it needs to be
- Boat, subway or teleportation device? Surprisingly I would take a boat over teleportation! There is nothing compared to being out on the water.
- Who would you most like to be stuck in an elevator with, and why? Tony Robbins. Not in a “Shallow Hal”’ type of scenario but simply because he would provide much needed positivity and could enlighten me during our hours spent stuck.
- If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which would you choose? “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” – because how much fun would Charlie, Dee, Mac, Dennis, and Frank be to hangout with?!